Thursday, June 14, 2012

My Cricut Craft Room - Independence Day


Welcome and Happy Flag Day! Today I have a card celebrating America to share with you.
I used the Close To My Heart stamp set American Celebration. This stamp set has 3 images that coordinate with the Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge.

I used a number of stamping techniques to create this card. All of my edges are inked with Tim Holtz Frayed Burlap and the star boarder is stamped with Tea Dye. I used American Crafts stamp markers to add color to my stamps exactly where I wanted it - this is how I got the two tone images. For the background paper that I created I used a technique call Second-Generation Stamping. To do this you ink up your stamp and stamp it once on scrap paper. Then you stamp again, without adding additional ink, on your paper. This gives your a great light, distressed image. I also used the second-generation stamping technique with the flag.
My card is what is known as a Joy Fold Card. To make this card you will need:

  • One 4 1/4" x 8 1/2" piece of cardstock - score at 5 1/2" (blue)
  • One 3" x 8" piece of cardstock - score at 4" (red)
  • Two 2 3/4" x 3 3/4" pieces of cardstock or designer paper (inside and outside of red piece)
  • One 4" x 5 1/4" piece of of cardstock or designer paper (inside blue)
  • One 2 3/4" x 4" piece of cardstock or designer paper (outside blue)
I positioned my smaller piece (red) by eye. To keep the card closed I used Art Philosophy to cut a 1" scalloped circle that I stamped and used a foam square to adhere.
I hope you enjoyed my card. For more patriotic inspiration please visit My Cricut Craft Room.

6 comments:

DIANA L. said...

Happy flag day. I love you joy card.

Miranda said...

Great card Tonya! Love all the different techniques!
Miranda :)
MCCR DT Sister
www.nanasscrapspot.com

TeresaK said...

Thank you for the great instructions you included on making this really nice card! I love it!
Teresa
MCCR DT sis

scrapbookingforfun said...

Loved the card and the how to!!!!
MCCR DT Shelley

Anonymous said...

Fantastic Card

Heather F
MCCR DT Sis
www.papercrafteranonymous.com

Unknown said...

Love this card! Great idea!
Lisa
MCCR DT
http://ourcraftingcorner.blogspot.com